Our month-by-month guide to help you get the most from your lawn.
Why not BOOKMARK this page as a quick reference
Tel: 01244 940 295
Text: 0737 949 1547
APRIL / MAY
* LOWER your mower blades to the recommended HEIGHT (1” for most lawns) over the course of a few ‘cuts’- not all at once.
* FEED the lawn with a nitrogen-rich fertiliser (this is the ‘N’ in the ‘N-P-K’ ratio marked on the side of each product)
* Professional ‘granular’ feeds release nutrients over a 6-8 week period & when soil temperatures are right for growth.
* DO NOT OVER-APPLY THE FEED as this will damage (or ‘scorch’) the turf
* SPRAY herbicide especially for ‘broad-leaved’ weeds that appear at this time ONCE they are actively growing
* This is the IDEAL TIME TO SEED any patches: temperature are warm (but not too hot) and April showers water them often... until established