Our month-by-month guide to help you get the most from your lawn.
Why not BOOKMARK this page as a quick reference
Tel: 01244 940 295
Text: 0737 949 1547
* During this time daytime temperatures start to drop and leaf growth slows down. Mow ‘on demand’- as and when the lawn needs it. In OCT/NOV raise the mowing height gradually to 2”.
* DO NOT FEED the lawn with NITROGEN fertiliser. This will only encourage weak, ‘SOFT’ growth and make the lawn susceptible to fungal infection!
* During Autumn the lawn enters it’s ‘root development’ phase. This is the ideal time to SCARIFY the lawn to remove ‘EXCESS THATCH’
* Lawn AERATION is also beneficial at this time, ‘opening up’ the soil and improving surface drainage over the winter months
* With the cooler, wet weather MOSS can often develop. This should be sprayed with a moss control agent to prevent it from spreading, and then raked out (if the lawn is not being scarified)